Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 23, 2015

What's up fam,

Things are going great here in La Planeta There is a huge sign that makes me laugh every time we pass it that says "La cuidad de paz, y cielos abiertos" or in english "the city of peace and open heavens" just because it is literally the opposite.. There are gangsters on every corner that "watch/take care of" the colonies. Which just means that they charge all the stores 50% of all there income and if they dont pay then.. ya everyone pays them!
So, my mom and meg have been emailing me non stop like little worry warts so I'm gunna let yall in on whats happening here. First, and foremost, I am extremely safe and protected. I know youre not gunna believe me, but with this missionary plack that I wear on my chest, I feel safer here then I do in the states. 
But where im at right now, there are 2 different major gangs here in my area. The 18s and the MSs there is a street that divides the 2 gangs which is called the war zone. If one of them cross the other zone, its war. It is kind of a huge problem, because the members that live on one side will not cross the other side with us to visit people because they are scared. Honestly, it is pretty chill here but the gangs just work with fear more than anything.
Our mission leader was the very first 18 here in Planeta so they all respect him when we walk aroound with him. He got out of the gang life when he was 21, served a mission and now is just such a dope dude. 

Alright now, for the good stuff. I am not really sure what the change was, but I have never been happier in the last 8 months of the mission. I am just legitimately happy with who I am and what I am doing. I feel like I have truly turned all of my dreams and desires over to The Lord and in return he has made of me more than I could ever have wished to make of my self. 
In D&C 82:10 it says that I The Lord am bound to bless you when you do what I say, but when you do not what I say, you have no promise. I really do not like that word
"obligate" when talking about the Lord. For me, it is an extremely strong word to use when explaining that the Lord has to do something bc God is God and does not haaaave to do anything. But what I realized this last week, is this is him talking and telling us very sincerely, theres no ifs ands or butts, I will bless you when you do what I say. So in a sense, we have 100% total control over the blessings that we recieve which depends on our willingness to be obedient and follow the commandments of Christ. 
My new comp Elder Fuentes and I have been working sooooooo hard these last few weeks and I have been seeing with my own eyes, the blessings that come from the Lord. We are seeing sooooo much success in this area right now and I am on top of the world. 
We are working with 3 different solid families right now. The problem is that nobody is married down here, so we have been working with them individually and also with the members of the ward to help us make plans to get them married. 
I'm pretty sure you have heard alot about the Valladares family, a family that we have been working with for the last 3 months. But this week is the week, and they are going to get married and babtized this Saturday that makes me soooo happy

I know that I am a servant in the lords hands and that I am a small part of helping his children return to live with him once more. I love myHeavenly Father and my savior Jesus Christ. I love the people here more than I ever thought was possible. 
 
This would not be made possible if it wasnt for you guys.. emails, letters, and support. I love all you:)))
 
Happy birthday to Elder Lessard.. I ate all the Reese's and snickers in one night.. later that night, I threw them all back up. haha  
 
Family Valladares and us making and selling over  200 tamales to pay for their wedding 

Family home evening with President Klein and the Valladares family.. Definitely one of my favorite experiences of the mission so far!!!
 
This Gentleman is 89 years old and walks over 3 miles everyday to collect wood from the river and then another 3 miles back on one leg. His other leg, is a wooden frame that he kind of uses to help him. Me and my comp had the great pleasure to help him on Sunday carry his wood back to his house and make a fence with him..

No comments:

Post a Comment