Tuesday, January 20, 2015

August 4, 2014

Kay, so I have grown so much this week spiritually but as a person too! I can't even begin to describe the progress I feel like I am making. But I have one story this week that has made the 4 weeks here worth it.  2 of my roommates are Latinos and this one guy in particular I grew pretty close to after 2 weeks where I could barely speak any Spanish and he couldn't speak any English. But we got super close.. He is from Honduras and literally came to the MTC with one pair of church clothes in and a trash bag with a few of his life belongings. He has a girlfriend of 3 years so that's where we bonded a few nights when we were both struggling.  I showed him a pic of Meg and he said ooooo la la.. ella es muy bonita. haha But he absolutely loves the flag of Honduras that Meg got me that I hung up in my room and touches it every day. haha So the last night, he left I talked with him for a few minutes and told him that he is going to be a great missionary and to always remember to Trust in the Lord! I pulled down my flag and gave it to him, and also grabbed a pair of my sweat pants from my dresser and gave them to him.. He literally just fell into my arms and started balling his eyes out... At this moment, I started crying because I realized that he had nothing but he loved God and was devoting his life to the Lord.  After this small experience I had, I realized I am doing the right thing!!! 

Love you and can't wait to hear from you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment