Tuesday, January 20, 2015

October 12, 2014

Dear Family,
How are you guys doing? I hope you are all doing great! I think about you guys constantly and pray for you individually every day. I love you! First, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for your love and support. I received your little goodie bag with all of your different letters in it. They meant the world to me and I am so grateful for you guys, so keep them coming!


I want to fill you guys in with a little more detail about me and what's going on in my new hood for the next two years. But really, it is a whole new world down here. I am living in a whole different world in Honduras. I'm hoping you guys are still planning on picking me up because I'm already thinking of where I am going to take you guys! We just had changes and I got a new companion, Elder Roche The only thing that I asked for is that he would be a hard worker, and he is a pretty hard worker so I am excited about that. But that's about it, he is very serious and I don't think he smiled in the last three days. I literally feel myself getting more boring as a person every second I am with him. Haha! But he is super experienced and knows his crap so I am learning a lot from him.


General Conference was last weekend and I don't think I have ever been so jacked to watch general conference. Actually, to think about it, I have never been the slightest bit excited for GC. Ha ha even though it was only three of us gringos in a tiny room watching it on a little itouch, it was awesome! I have never had such a strong testimony of our living prophet and his apostles. I left feeling stronger than ever that the leaders of our church are called of God and every word they said was inspired of our father in heaven.


There is a family we are teaching right now that I am growing super close to. Mom, Maribel and her three sons Walter (17) Jerry (13) Gabriel (10). They live in a one bedroom cinder block house. Maribel and the two younger boys sleep in the same bed and Walter sleeps on the ground. They don't go to school because it's too expensive so Jerry and Gabriel play football all day and Walter goes to work from seven in the morning to seven at night. They don't know how to read so I made a deal with them. If they teach me to play football I will help them learn to read. Ha ha. So right now, we are learning how to tell time on the clock. This has really opened up my eyes and shows me that you don't need much in this world to be happy, just your family! Cherish every second you guys have with each other and be grateful for all the many blessings our father in heaven has blessed you with.
Just a quick little story. We were walking down the street when this girl ran to us from behind and grabbed us. We look behind and two black guys jumped back into their truck and sped off. We asked what was going on? And she said that he was a super bad dude; he is the major drug lord in the city. The last time she saw him, he yelled at her to get in the truck and she said no and was luckily close to her house and ran inside but he said "I'm going to find you" Who knows this time if we weren't there, and she didn't run to us, what might have happened? It just shows how different the world is here. Stuff like that just happens all the time and is normal. I have more stories that will have two wait till next time. Love you and always praying for you!

Elder Lessard

No comments:

Post a Comment