Tuesday, January 20, 2015

July 15, 2014

Whats hannenin errybody?! 
I literally have tears running down my face from all of your emails.  So I’m not just stupid when I can't spell words right, I just cant see and it doesn't help that that these Spanish keyboards are throwin me off.  I'll start the Lessard Missionary Novel chapter 1 but first let me tell you I love you guys so much and miss you guys like craaaaazy!!!

I don't even know where to start. But I'm in Guatemala yo!  It has been the craziest roller coaster ride in my life and I know it has only been a week but already I can tell it is going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Anyway, I'm gonna get to what this week has looked like.  

Started Tuesday morning in Sac where I spent the last few hours with Isaac and Mom. Luckily we were ablt to make a detour on the way to the airport to finish up a "How Bad Do You Want It" video in Yuba City me and Isaac have been talking about for a year. Way close in timing, but I HAD to do it with my boy!! I had my suit to change into (with no shower and I was literally dripping in sweat) and suitcases in the car, but were cuttin it really close for my flight because Mom shipped off all the visa pictures and forgot to keep any for me to take so then we had to run into the closest Walgreens on the way to the airport.  When I got to the airport I said peace to my homies and waited with Mom, Isaac, and Meg for my flight. When me and Isaac were saying goodbye, we were just like 2 big ole babies crying in each others arms. haha  

I fell asleep and woke up in Guatemala the next day.  It stilll feels like a dream every time I wake up.  Maybe because its at 6 o'clock every morning. I'll tell you guys my schedule next time but I have so much more important stuff to tell you. Our first day here was so long.  We got off the plane at 6, got dropped off at the CCM and didn't go to sleep til 11:30.  We're supposed to have lights out and asleep at 10:30 but my mind was just spinning in about 1000 different directions and it didn't help that the 2 Latinos in room didn't stop farting. But after I got the first couple of days under my belt, things have been getting much better.  

Thinking about home and everything is really tough but I have been keeping really busy. I seem to find when I work hard, I don't think about home. So I have been working, studying, and talking the language as much as I possibly can. I don't take breaks. We have 30 minutes in the morning and night for personal time and I study the whole time. During meals when everyone takes a break I am still reading and working.  So that has really helped me.  But nights still suck because I have nothing to do but to think when I am trying to fall asleep. I have also been praying non-stop for Gods strength and He has helped me. I actually talked about having faith in God and having faith that through him, anything is possible at church on Sunday.  There are 80 something missionaries here and we all need to prepare a talk for church and the bishop picks the 5 speakers at random at the beginning of Sacrament meeting. Guess who was the very first lucky speaker... ME and it had to be in Spanish!!!  But I think I did pretty good. Well I have so much more I want to say but I didn't come prepared so you guys will have to wait til next week to hear the second chapter. 
 
 








 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment