Tuesday, January 20, 2015

November 2014

It was super duper hot here until this week. The last three days we haven't seen the sun one time, and it hasn't stopped raining. The people here said the storm is one of the worst storms and 5+ years. Honestly it's pretty crazy here. All the streets are flooded with 2 feet of water, so we've been trudging through rivers up to our knees. Ha ha. You guys know I like to make a story interesting but I'm being serious. 

Things are going better here with me. Yes, things are always hard, but when we have a strong faith and belief in Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ, ALL things are possible! I have this piece of leather lanyard that I had made that has my favorite scripture. Does anyone know my favorite scripture? In Alma 26:12 it says, "in God's strength I can do all things." I have this phrase with me everywhere I go to remind me no matter how hard it gets, my Heavenly Father will carry me through it. I feel much stronger now since I have recommitted myself to this work. Not just part of myself… But all of my time, effort, and talents are going to the Lord. What a special time I have in my life right now; to serve the Lord 24/7 365 days a year for two years. There really is a joy that has come into my life that is indescribable. My goal for you is to partake in this joy. You don't need to have a plaque to be a missionary! Think about some ways, talk about some ideas that you guys personally can take part in missionary work. Joseph Smith declared, "there is no greater work then bringing souls to Christ." And Heber J Grant said this, "There is no other labor in all the world that brings to a human heart, judging from my experience, more joy, peace and serenity than proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ." I love each and everyone of you. Don't you forget that punks! :-) I think and pray about you every day! Elder Lessard

By the way, I have already gone diarrhea six times this morning. Thought you might appreciate that. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment