Tuesday, January 20, 2015

September 7, 2014

I am leaving the CCM in less than 48 hours and I am jacked, nervous, excited, ready, not even the slightest bit prepared, all in one. Ha ha! Even though these last eight weeks have sucked in many ways, in other ways I have learned so much and have grown tremendously. But I think I am finally ready to leave for Honduras with a real, strong, solid, exact testimony of why am here. Open up the book of Mormon to Ether, chapter 12. It's a pretty short chapter and one of my favorites. Guess which is my favorite verse. If you said verse 27 you would be correct. This is one of my favorites. But I love verse four also. This is why I am here in Honduras, serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. This verse hit me like a ton of bricks. I am called of God to teach, preach, and serve his children. But my idea of being a successful missionary is making this world a better place. And if you know me, when I set a goal, I accomplish it. The only way I can succeed at this is through faith in Christ. I thought I had a testimony of faith before I came out here. That thought left me the second night here. Ha ha. And I know that my faith is going to be tested every day for the next two years. But if I do know anything, it is this… With God's strength, anything is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment